Thursday 17 May 2018

What to say instead of nice to emeet you

Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Hello new work acquaintance, we try to say to each other, how very nice to meet you. We instead fling back and forth a phrase that has become so irritating to the modern wordsmith that it actually has caused me a nervous twitch: ‘e-meet. We are all guilty of it, sure. After all, you’re not exactly shaking hands and making eye contact.


We live in a glorious age of electronic communications in which. Phrases similar to pleased to meet. Shorthand for electronic meet. First I thank the person who introduced me and I say something nice about them, example: quot;Thank you Jennifer for introducing John, you always introduced me to am.


Instead , you would say It was nice talking with you , and possibly add that you look forward to meeting them (or hope to meet them, at least) in person. The meaning is slightly different and more informal but it is exact replacement of the verbs. About connect- I havent heard phrase with it. Jeff Bercovici Former Staff Tech I cover technology with an emphasis on social and digital media.


Dear Tutor, how should I reply to a person telling me nice to meet you. Thank you in advance Paolo As the first you made a mistake in the first sentence. It soposed to be like this: How should I can.


Likewise you say Was nice to meet you on leaving. Me: Hey nice to meet you too. Literally, they are shortened forms. That may help you understand them a bit. There is no way you can say that you are pleased about the happening of something that has not happened.


If you are expressing the hope that you would like to see somebody in the future, then you can say : It would be nice to meet you some time. I look forward to meeting you some time. The statement seems to presuppose you ’ve actually met the person to whom it’s directed to. We’d like to partner with you : We’d like to use your name and network to get rich while not spending a single cent (on you ). Isn’t that what you really want to say ? If you are meeting a person professionally or personally whom you have met before, then you can say ‘Great seeing you.


Instead of saying “ nice to meet you ,” I say “ nice to e-meet you. Same goes in conversation with others: when I am speaking about someone I speak to exclusively on the web, I refer to them as someone I e-met. Some say this word is an aberration and shouldn’t exist because it literally means “enchanted” as if the person you had just met was so amazing you were under a spell. Despite all this hostility, enchanté is a word you will hear a lot and remains the most common way to say nice to meet you in French. Let me just say - you could be scrolling Instagram right now, but instead you are hanging out on my website so that deserves a big - WELCOME!


Mucho gusto Patricia, yo soy Saúl. Javier, this is my girlfriend Rosa. Javier, esta es mi novia Rosa. Laura, let me introduce you to my father. Nice to meet you , Patricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts